I am biking around Iceland in support of Camp Oochigeas. Camp Oochigeas provides fun and meaningful experiences to approximately 680 children affected by cancer each year at no cost to their families.
On my solo ICELANDARE bike tour, I will cover at least 750 km on my road-touring bike between June 10th and June 23rd, while exploring a remarkable island on this epic photographic adventure. You can follow my journey here and DARE me to do what ever it takes for camp OOCH.
How ICELANDARE Works
Challenge me to a DARE by choosing one or more tasks from the list below, or create your own unique goal. Post the dare here using the bottom comment reply field. If I complete the dare, you make a donation to camp OOCH. Of course, if you you want to spare me the torture and deprive yourself of the satisfaction, you can simply donate HERE. Below are some dares and their suggested donation amounts to get you started.
The DARE List
- DISTANCE GOALS
- Bike the first 250KM – $20
- Bike the first 500KM – $50
- Reach the 750KM goal – $70
- Bike the unlikely stretch goal of 1000 KM – $100
- PHOTO LANDMARKS
- Photograph a Volcano -$15
- Photograph a Waterfall- $10
- Photograph a Glacier – $10
- Photograph a Lighthouse – $20
- Photograph a Whale – $40
- MAKING FRIENDS
- Find a Canadian in Iceland – $15
- Befriend a Sheep – $25
- Drink with the Locals – $20
- Get a Kiss from an Icelander – $35
- WHAT TO DO
- Ride a Horse – $50
- Take a Dip in a Hot Spring – $15
- Visit a Brew Pub or Brewery – $25
- Ride all Day in the Rain – $20
- ARE YOU CRAZY!?
- Eat Hakari (Greenlandic shark uncooked and putrefied) – $25
- Eat Hrútspunger (Ram testicle pate) – $40
- Jump into the Ocean – $75
- Shave my Head Bald- $100
- Call and Talk to the Icelandic Prime Minster – $150
- A Few Ground Rules Please.
- Each dare will only be completed once.
- If more then one person challenges me to a dare, all challengers must make a donation once a dare is completed.
- Feel free to make more than one dare.
- I will consider all unique dares, provided they are legal and pose little or no risk to myself or others. 🙂
- My wireless access is limited. Unless I decline a dare, please consider it accepted.
- If at any time I don’t think I can complete your challenge, due to a change in plans or circumstances, I will let you know right away. Please check this page often.
- I will make every attempt to provide proof of dare completion, however, sometimes you may need to take my word for it. Ok?
- Please donate HERE once I complete your dare.
Thank you very much for your support. The goal is to send at least one child to Camp Oochigeas by raising $3,500. Currently we are at $2,350 getting there!
Keep daring and giving!
1) Drink with the locals
2) Visit a Brew pub or Brewery
3) Photograph a Volcano
4) Befriend a Sheep